Customer Support Specialist
Location: Middleton, MA
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree OR a minimum of two (2) years customer support experience with a proven track record of success. (fuel industry experience a plus)
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge in Microsoft Operating Systems, MS Office, and Windows networking. (MS SQL and/or relational database experience a plus)
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements
- Ability to synthesize complex information, collect and research data, and design workflows and procedures
- Able to build trust, value others, communicate effectively, drive execution, foster innovation, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Excellent spelling, grammar and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills individually and in group settings
- Maintains positive internal and external relationships
About the job:
PDI is seeking a full-time, experienced professional to be a customer support specialist. As a support specialist, you will provide support services for existing and new customers. Most support services will be provided via the phone and/or internet with the possibility of traveling to a customer site for support. To successfully solve the support ticket, you will be required to analyze the customer’s questions, research possible solutions and get back to the customer to instruct them on how to implement those solutions.
What you’ll do:
- Take support calls and provide the correct resolution to the customer
- Resolve customer inquiries via email and/or telephone in a timely and accurate manner
- Ask probing questions, actively listen and utilize tools to diagnose and solve issues for software/product users
- Communicate effectively with a wide range of users from business owners, office managers, accountants to delivery drivers
- Prioritize and manage individual work queue to ensure most urgent issues are handled first
- Effectively time manage workday to ensure daily goals are met
- Share voice of customer feedback with product development team to continuously improve software features and capabilities
- Provide peer to peer support as needed
- Maintain professional decorum when working with customers exhibiting frustration
- Working with customers to improve processes and recommend best practices
- Providing suggestions to improve the software to both the product team and management
- Researching the situation to find the optimal resolution
- Documenting the resolution
- Creating support documentation to help streamline problem solving and call resolution
- Positively representing PDI Technologies and create positive relationships with customers
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
Why PDI Technologies?
PDI Technologies, Inc. resides at the intersection of productivity and sales growth, delivering powerful solutions that serve as the backbone of the convenience retail and petroleum wholesale ecosystem. By “Connecting Convenience” across the globe, we empower businesses to increase productivity, make more informed decisions, and engage faster with their customers.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage effective immediately
- Fully flexible remote work environment
- Matching Group Retirement Savings Plan
- PTO effective immediately
- Full access to Linked-In Learning
- Quarterly self-investment allowance for personal and professional development, health and wellness, entertainment, travel, charitable giving, tech, travel, etc.
- Strong culture that values authenticity, trust, curiosity, and diversity of thought
PDI Technologies is open to remote work except in California, New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Colorado, Washington, and Rhode Island.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging
At PDI Technologies, diversity is embraced. We are committed to cultivating an environment that is safe, welcoming, and inclusive for all individuals. PDI Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We agree not to discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.