Software Engineer I will be engaged in developing software for PDI’s enterprise software products and solutions. Responsibilities include development and testing of various modules within the system. This role works with a range of technologies and requires a solid software application knowledge base to evaluate the requirements at hand and develop the best software solutions.
As a Software Engineer I you will be contributing to the design and development of enterprise applications using software languages such as C#, .NET, Java and have some familiarity with SQL and web based applications. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology, customers, and problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have a pioneering spirit and enjoy helping others be successful, our team has a place for you!
- Actively developing software solutions for PDI’s retail solutions and products
- Performs testing to ensure systems meet documented user requirements
- Works closely with the team, and reports clearly and accurately to management
- Prepares and provides project status and risk assessments to their manager with appropriate levels of detail to ensure that programs stay on schedule
- Uses a disciplined approach in an Agile environment to assist in analysis and determination of preferred solutions to technical challenges
- Troubleshoot, test and validate software issues; resolve issues with due urgency and maintain thorough documentation of all software solutions
- Compiles test results to provide data for use in solving problems
- Perform engineering level tests to find defects; troubleshoot and debug development and production issues, collaborating with QA Engineers to develop optimal product test plans
Required Skills & Experience
- 0 - 2 years’ experience designing and developing new or maintaining existing software applications in a software product development environment
- Familiarity with the Visual Studio IDE and the use of Microsoft TFS would be an advantage
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology is preferred
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team
- Strong communication skills with both verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions and receive constructive feedback
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field, or equivalent work experience
PDI’s employee-oriented culture provides a supportive and dynamic work environment for high achievers. PDI seeks individuals who value continuous learning, hold high ethical standards, and are top performers in their respective fields. We offer competitive wages, professional development, superb culture, and a highly competitive benefits package. For more information about PDI, please visit our website at https://www.profdata.com. PDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We verify employment eligibility for all new hires using e-Verify.