PDI currently has multiple openings for Software Engineer II as we are seeking talent to develop software for PDI’s enterprise software products and solutions. Responsibilities include design, development and testing of various modules within the system. This role works with a range of technologies and requires a solid software application knowledge base to evaluate the requirements at hand and develop the best software solutions.
As a software engineer II you will be contributing to the design and development of enterprise applications using software languages such as C#, .NET, Java and have some familiarity with SQL and web based applications. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology, customers, and problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have a pioneering spirit and enjoy helping others be successful, our team has a place for you.
This position can be seated in Round Rock or Temple, TX, or in Atlanta, GA.
- Contributes to design decisions for new and existing application development, proactively escalating issues and seeking assistance to overcome obstacles
- Actively developing software solutions for PDI’s retail solutions and products
- Performs testing to ensure systems meet documented user requirements
- Works closely with the team, and reports clearly and accurately to management
- Prepares and provides project status and risk assessments to their manager with appropriate levels of detail to ensure that programs stay on schedule
- Uses a disciplined approach in an Agile environment to assist in analysis and determination of preferred solutions to technical challenges
- Troubleshoot, test and validate software issues; resolve issues with due urgency and maintain thorough documentation of all software solutions
- Compiles test results to provide data for use in solving problems
- Perform engineering level tests to find defects; troubleshoot and debug development and production issues, collaborating with QA Engineers to develop optimal product test plans
Required Skills & Experience
- 2-4 years’ experience designing and developing new or maintaining existing software applications in a software product development environment
- Experience working in a development environment that uses Agile/Scrum methodology is preferred
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team
- Strong communication skills with both verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions and receive constructive feedback
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field, or equivalent work experience
PDI’s employee oriented culture provides a supportive and dynamic work environment for high achievers. PDI seeks individuals who value continuous learning, hold high ethical standards, and are top performers in their respective field. We offer competitive wages, professional development, superb culture, and an extensive life enriching benefits package. PDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We verify employment eligibility for all new-hires using e-Verify.