For over 30 years, PDI has set the standard for ERP software in the C-store market. Over 500 companies worldwide rely on PDI’s systems to automate key business processes from convenience retail management, fuel management and workforce support, to financial reporting. Today, the PDI/Enterprise Suite is the market leader in the space – but we’re not stopping there! Backed by the investment of Genstar – one of the largest venture capital firms in the world – PDI is embarking upon an aggressive expansion strategy through internal investment in development as well as intensive M&A activity. The result will be a broader, more powerful, international company that serves customers across the entire supply chain, from wholesalers, to retailers, and every stop in between.
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for prospecting and qualifying new opportunities for the various PDI sales teams. This position requires a candidate with outstanding interpersonal skills and strong technical aptitude, who is comfortable communicating with and selling to C-Level executives. Enthusiastic, disciplined, organized, and self-motivated, the ideal candidate is a team player who is comfortable in a fast-paced sales environment. A successful candidate will enjoy evaluating customer and prospect business needs, and demonstrate an ability to achieve sales goals and drive team priorities.
- Assist sales representatives by identifying sales targets through, but not limited to, data mining, phone calls, emails, direct mail, conferences, and web-based sales strategies to communicate opportunities to extend initiatives with the company, emphasizing strong customer follow-up and long-term relationship building
- Conduct selling efforts as needed, in accordance with company policy, procedures, and culture, maintaining a deep understanding of the products we offer and how to maximize customer revenue and building the company sales pipeline
- Collaborates with marketing, support, consulting, product management and other internal systems to facilitate new programs, messages, campaigns, and offerings; participates in customer interactions with team members to ensure cross-training and high customer satisfaction
- Conducts market testing, facilitates programs, and engages with customers and the broader market to gather requirements and feature requests to augment sales, marketing, development, support, product management, and business and technology partnerships, and any others as needed
- Coordinate all inbound leads and internal referrals; complete initial follow-up for qualification and distribution; ensure timely and consistent follow up by sales representative.
- Additional tasks and special projects as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years of experience generating sales leads for software and/or technology companies
- Experience working with ERP, HCM and/or Logistics software is helpful
- Experience in the convenience store, logistics and/or wholesale fuel markets is helpful
- Experience working within a solution sales framework such as SPI – Solution Selling, Miller-Heiman, Sandler, The Challenger Sale, etc. is preferred.
- Proactive, with demonstrable leadership and team-building experience
- Experience with Salesforce and Microsoft Office Suite; proficiency in Excel required
- Strong business acumen and ability to building positive relationships and influence purchasing decisions
- Strong customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal
Educational Qualifications/ Pre-Requisites
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or equivalent work experience
PDI’s employee-oriented culture provides a supportive and dynamic work environment for high achievers. PDI seeks individuals who value continuous learning, hold high ethical standards, and are top performers in their respective fields. We offer competitive wages, professional development, superb culture, and a highly competitive benefits package. For more information about PDI, please visit our website at https://www.profdata.com. PDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We verify employment eligibility for all new hires using e-Verify.