As a Software Engineer II you will be engaged in developing software for PDI’s enterprise software solutions. Responsibilities include design, development and testing of various modules within the system. This role works with a range of technologies and requires a solid software application knowledge base to evaluate the requirements at hand and develop the best software solutions.
This position may be seated in Round Rock or Temple, TX, or Atlanta, GA.
- Contributes to design decisions for new and existing application development, proactively escalating issues and seeking assistance to overcome obstacles
- Actively developing software solutions for PDI’s retail product lines
- Performs testing to ensure systems meet documented user requirements
- Works closely with the team, and reports clearly and accurately to management
- Prepares and provides project status and risks to manager with appropriate level of detail to ensure that programs stay on schedule
- Uses a disciplined approach in an Agile methodology to assist in analysis and determination of preferred solutions to technical challenges
- Troubleshoot, test and validate software issues; resolve issues with due urgency and maintain thorough documentation of all software solutions
- Compiles test results to provide data for use in solving problems
- Perform engineering level tests to find defects; troubleshoot and debug development and production issues, collaborating with QA Engineers to develop optimal product test plans
Required Skills & Experience
- 2 - 4 years of experience designing and developing new or existing web applications, including support of existing production systems
- Experience working within an Agile/Scrum methodology is preferred
- Demonstrable analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure to deliver high-quality solutions and receive constructive feedback
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent work experience
PDI’s employee-oriented culture provides a supportive and dynamic work environment for high achievers. PDI seeks individuals who value continuous learning, hold high ethical standards, and are top performers in their respective fields. We offer competitive wages, professional development, superb culture, and a highly competitive benefits package. For more information about PDI, please visit our website at https://www.profdata.com. PDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We verify employment eligibility for all new hires using e-Verify.